Thursday, January 26, 2012

Songbird's School of Deliverance [Entry Log Four]

Previous Entry

AA HomeTree: Songbird's School of Deliverance(SSD):
Fundamental Progression Log:.

//:loginID::[Alice J. Songbird];

HomeTree Corp..::....:\\:loginID::ACCEPTED
..:\\:October 2, 2033:. 11:48pm
..:\\:employment status:: SSD Warden

//: Entry Log:[4, Promise];

//:[So I as I said, I went and visited each of the children. I even tried to visit the 20 kids that HomeTree is using as a "control group", but their head honcho, John Smith, wouldn't let me anywhere near the HomeTree Base!... Ugh, what a horribly dreadful name... John Smith... So plain and boring.]::.

//:[Visiting all of the children was a long and tiring process. Which is mainly the reason why I am only just now getting around to the Log... Thankfully I found some promising results! Now of course, these are merely preliminary observations but to me they show outstanding promise... The first 15 children I visited, were all incredibly violent the moment the guards opened the door. All bearing their sharp, jagged teeth and growling voraciously at me. They all seemed enraged with my presence. And the fact that we keep them in dim lighting due to their... malformed pupils... made visiting them nightmarish.]::.

//:[One of the children snapped his jaws at me and pulled viciously at the restraints around his hands and feet... It almost made me wish we would shorten the chains that bind them to the wall... In all honesty, I have serious respect for the teachers assigned to those children. Their urge to help these kids must be far stronger than mine.]::.

//:[Most of the children after this seemed more patient with my presence, although a majority of them still had a soft growl that emanated from within their chests... However, a handful of the female, and a few of the male, let loose what sounded almost like a whimper. However they did not cower at the sight of me, they stood (or sat, whatever the case was) up, straight and strong. They looked as if they were ready for anything to happen.]::.{PageBreak}

//:[I found this very interesting. I believe that maybe their families taught them this at birth. "Always stand your ground"... or something along these lines. I am still unsure as to how their kind communicate... Autopsies on the species from HomeTree show that they have vocal cords and the ability to potentially speak. But can they retain what we teach them?]::.

//:[I guess pondering over this question is going to get me nowhere. Once again, something that I will have to leave with time itself...]::.

//:[I think that I've learned more from the children than we've been able to teach them in the last few days. But nonetheless I still believe there is hope. As a small selection of the children I visited seemed calm and almost relaxed with my presence. Some of them looked as if they were just trying to ignore the fact that I was in the room with them, while others sat there watching me curiously.]::.

//:[But it was pure curiosity... There was no trace of anger or rage in their faces, only the innocent and quizzical look of a Human or Ayran child. As I sat there, the only sound they made was their calm and steady breathing. Whenever I made any slight movement they seemed to mimic the motions. I almost didn't want to leave these children's sides, because I felt as if I were making progress with them.]::.

//:[Tomorrow I hope to visit the children again, only this time to observe their response to verbal interaction. Hopefully some of them will show a positive response and maybe even understand what I say... Until then, it is terribly late. If I wish to have the energy needed for tomorrow, I should head off to bed. With any luck, I shall have something interesting to report.]::.
\\:Entry Log::Closed

\\:Logout?::(Y/N):[Y]

\\:loginID::Alice J. Songbird::..

HomeTree Corp..::....::\\:loginID::VERIFIED

\\:Logout::COMPLETE

..:\\:October 3, 2033:. 1:02am

NEXT ENTRY

No comments: