Monday, April 19, 2010

The Third Wish

"And for my third and final wish," said Esteban, "I wish for the end of the world to never happen."

The genie grimaced, then pointed to the sky. A fizzle of sparks shot from his fingertips. "There, it's done."

"That wasn't very spectacular. I expected a... Something more? Is that it?" Esteban asked.

"Well, you know, you're probably the hundredth person to wish for that. The world will never end because it's been wished a hundred times that we'll all exist for infinity. We've had one person wish that it would end, but a few wishes down the line the world got wished back into infinity. As a consolation prize for the man who wanted the world to end, we put him on a copied world from this one, and then ended that one. He never knew we did it, and he got his wish. A win win situation as far as I'm concerned. I wonder where he is now..."

No comments: